Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seafood and PIE

 Finally, after a week of being flat on my back sick (again) I felt up to trying a short ride today. It was such a gorgeous day, sunny with temps in the mid 70s - even on the coast.

My first stop was Phil's Fish Market & Eatery in Moss Landing, where I had a lovely lobster roll and shrimp cocktail for lunch. Such an improvement over hot soup which I've endured for days on end in hopes of making my bronchitis go away...



I also bought myself a T-Shirt while I was at Phil's... Kind of shows my disposition...

After lunch I made my way north on Hwy 1 to Gizdich Ranch for some dessert, Olallieberrie pie ala mode





When I finished with my pie I was ready to go home. I am still not quite 100% and even though I really wanted to run up the coast and find a nice quiet beach to relax on, I just was not up to it.

I did make one little stop at Mackenzies Chocolates in Santa Cruz though... I only drop by there a couple of times a year so I figured since I was close I could pick up some gifts for Valentine's Day.


Not a long day on the road for me but it was enough. Hopefully next weekend I will be ready for big ride. Gigolo is getting a little antsy...

Trip total: ~136 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment