Tuesday, February 22, 2011

CenCal Tag Run Sunday 02/20/11

After nearly a week of rain I was ready to go for a nice long ride. My original plan was to go on Saturday and move the CenCal tag from Larkspur to Sunol. Alas, it rained all day Saturday as well... So Sunday morning I headed out around 9:00am for what was promising to be a nice dry day. 

After the tag move I would figure out where else I wanted to go on the fly. The important thing was that I was going to get to ride!

I captured the tag at the Larkspur Ferry:


Then I made my way over to Sunol to set the new tag. I was going to set it at Bosco's but I changed my mind when I got there and set it here instead:


As it was still to early for lunch and I was not ready to stop riding, I started thinking of places to ride to, like Gizdich for PIE... and trying to figure out where I should eat lunch. I ended up riding down to Phil's in Moss Landing. I'm not sure why but I just felt like I should go there even though I have gone there several times recently.

The line at Phil's was out the door again and I waited patiently in that long line. This time I ordered the fryer combo with squid, scallops, and oysters (yes, I know fried food is bad, blah, blah, blah). Then while I was hunting for a place to sit I ran into my former boss Mark - who helped me get my 1st motorcycle and learn to ride it in his culdesac - who was there with girlfriend. We had a nice lunch and visit. When we were done I had them follow me in their cage to Gizdich for PIE (now don't act all surprised, you knew the pie was coming). 


After pie we said goodbye and I headed back to Hwy 1. I was going to head north to Half Moon Bay and then head home. Unfortunately as I neared Santa Cruz the rain showers were back! So I reluctantly took the exit for Hwy 17 and made my way home.

I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted but I did get to ride and I had lunch and dessert with friends. I could be all snowed in like the guys back in the northeast... I am just tired of the rain - after all isn't it supposed to be sunny California?

Trip total: ~258 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment